Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blooming Fools

Late Summer Flowers:

Purple Sage in my front yard.

They bloom after heavy monsoons.


Last summer they bloomed 3 times. This year, twice.

Blooming Sage always attract tons of bees. You can hear them buzzing from across the yard.


I tried to get a close up of them, but the wiley bees were hiding way down in the blooms.
I think you can see one in the center left area if you look closely. Click pic to enlarge.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

The D.K. Family is leaving for a little camping trip now. Be back in a couple weeks. I'll miss you all.

Please work on Sarahpoo's departure while we're gone.

She is Dick Cheney's inner queen in high heels.


Here's some Frank Zappa for trippy clues:


Sorry this is so disjointed. It's late and I'm tired and we have a lot of driving to do today. It'll be nice to escape the heat.

10 comments:

PTCruiser said...

Have a great time camping, D.K.

Billie Greenwood said...

Have a good, fun and safe trip.

jmsjoin said...

Those are gorgeous that is quite the yard you have!

enigma4ever said...

thank you for sharing these...beautiful...very lovely....take care and safe travels..

( zappa anytime is wonderful ;-0

Fran said...

ZAPPA!!! Happy trails Amiga.
Look forward to hearing about your advencha'

jmsjoin said...

It really is a pleasure to see those beautiful flowers still here!

Ingrid said...

Since the backyard makeover is in the works, I'm salivating over those gorgeous blooms! Impressive. How big do those bushes get? I'll need to get myself some of those..
hope you have a good camping trip and come back refreshed. I will ask you about your garden and plants that you have, just to pick your brain. I know you're in a different part of the country but still, we might have native versions of it here in Central TX.
hugs

Ingrid

D.K. Raed said...

Thanks you all for the good vacation wishes! We did not make it to Montana (sorry to crappa out on Zappa) this time. Wyoming was pretty, but I hated thinking about James Watt (Reagan's Sec'ty Interior) shooting pronghorn there (he was nicknamed "two-shot Watt" because he couldn't even manage a clean kill). I bet he & Cheney & Sarahpoo could all have a great time shooting moose together.

**********

Ingrid, they are TEXAS PURPLE SAGE, so they should be very good for you. They like it hot & dry. The bushes can reach 4-6 ft tall (ours are 42" after 3-yrs). My only complaint is the purple litter they drop after each profuse blooming. They do stay green all year. If you like purple, I believe Lavender grows well in TX, too. Your best bet is to go to a reputable local nursery & make notes of what you like. Pay attn to how the plants are rated (tender, moderate, or hardy) for your area. Stay away from "tender" unless you like to be constantly replacing dead plants.

Dave Dubya said...

Classic Zappa! Thanks for your good taste to intrude on my blog cruise.

D.K. Raed said...

Dave Dub:
well, I DID have the good taste to be gone on vacation for the end of the repub convention. Thanks for cruising by!