Thursday, September 11, 2008

No escaping politics, even on vacation

I'm still on vacation, but can't resist a little Sarah in the Night ...

Sarah Palin in 4-minutes (sub-title: are you f**king kiddin' me?) ...
(apologies ... had to post that vid as a link instead of embed ... is anyone else having trouble embedding vids about Sarah? Blogger just would NOT let me embed this vid ... maybe because it uses the vajayjay word) ...

Why is it when you are camping in some very remote areas, the only TV channel you can reliably receive is FOX? Still, it wasn't a total bust because on some morning nitwit FOX show, I did get to see Ed Harris (hawking his new movie "Appaloosa", a western with Jeremy Irons and Viggo Mortensen!), respond when questioned about what we could expect from a Sarah Palin Veepiency:

"It is my fervent wish that she will become a fascinating footnote in the anals of moosehunting."

Tell me that's not poetic (and, I hope, prophetic)!


And today, reading online news (thanks to some kindly friendly wired friends), I can't pass up posting a link to the ABC Exclusive Interview with Sarahpoo -- wherein she shows her energy chops over possible oil wars with Russia and/or Iran -- oh how I wish this were all some joke. If you missed her Thursday interview with ABC's Charlie Gibson, he stuck it out for more with Sarah to be aired Friday on "Good Morning America" and "World News" and on "20/20". You gotta give it to Charlie -- the man has more staying power than most.

Since I'm pretty sure FOX won't be showing these interviews, the balance of our camping trip is probably safe.

See 'ya in a few more days!

14 comments:

enigma4ever said...

Hey there- good for you and your coverage of Sarahpoo....I too hope she will be a Footnote Sooooooon....

Billie Greenwood said...

So glad you couldn't leave us bereft the entire length of your vay-cay. That movie was wonderful!

Randal Graves highlights this Palin sentence from recent interview w/ Gibson about Putin: "His mission, if it is to control energy supplies, also, coming from and through Russia, that's a dangerous position for our world to be in, if we were to allow that to happen."

HUH?

PTCruiser said...

When you use the "vajayjay" word, the terrorists win.

DivaJood said...

Oh.my.god. That is one hell of a video. Ed Harris, shiny. I used to work with his mom, and he'd call the office from time to time.

jmsjoin said...

That is funny! The more you learn about her the scarier this is! She is an insult but the Republicans lover because che unites them idiots and they need someone who can be led. This is a friggen insult. Can you imagine that shit as President? WTF?

D.K. Raed said...

**********
I'm baaaack & nursing bugbites. Isn't camping fun ... for mosquitos ... so much new blood to taste!
**********

Enigma:
Footnote, Endnote, Evolutionary Deadend, she can have her pick.

B. Explorer:
Trying to parse Sarahpoo hurts my brain. I *think* she was speaking wistfully about U.S. coveting Russia's energy situation.

PT:
hmmm, the vajayjay is pretty powerful; I can see why the terrorists would want to control such power.

Diva:
now I'm completely jealous. I don't know if I'll be able to watch 'Appaloosa' without thinking of Ed Harris calling your office.

Avg Patriot:
right you are! can you imagine past women leaders like Maggie Thatcher & Benazir Bhutto & Indira Ghandi & Golda Meir espousing homilies as political policy? They knew they had to be twice as competent as men in order to earn their country's respect. Sarah is a pure product of FOX NEWS ... all personal gut opinions and no facts.

jmsjoin said...

Red
You are right! You mention Golda Meir, I recommend her Autobiography even for a browse on line. She was quite a Woman!

Dada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dada said...

DK - Welcome back. Great, great video! Just wish I'd found it before you returned ~grin. (Actually, it doesn't matter....making plans for the "Final Exit" after the Nov election....just wish I hadn't loaned that book to my older nephew who refuses to return it until he's used it--which he implies is within two or three mos. from now. But, who will send it back to me after he's gone?)

Dada said...

p.s. - Oh, I think you misquoted Ed Harris when you said he said, ""It is my fervent wish that she will become a fascinating footnote in the anals of moosehunting."

I think what Ed Harris actually said was, "It is my fervent wish that she will become a fascinating footnote in the anuses of moosehunters."

D.K. Raed said...

Avg Patriot:
I've read much about Golda, but never her autobiography. Thanks for the tip!

Dada:
I'm so confused (what's new). Is the book you loaned out the one that the movie Appaloosa was based on? Or is it "Final Exit" (which sounds very ominous)? I can't tell if I should be hoping your nephew is a faster reader or glad he's taking his time!

And oh! yes! I'm so glad you GOT IT. I was hoping SOMEONE would. When I noticed the anal-misspelling, I decided I liked the quote even better that way, so I left it & wondered if anyone would even notice. I bet Ed Harris WISHES he had said it that way!

Mauigirl said...

DK, welcome back! Loved the video, it was great.

Billie Greenwood said...

D.K., I’ve got something for you to pick up over at my place, if you’d like.

D.K. Raed said...

MauiGirl:
Much as I love a trip, it's always nice to be back home -- even if it seems like someone wasn't minding the store while I was gone.

B.Explorer:
uh-oh, I'll be right over!